How do we renew our minds?
In the last edition, we established the importance of having our minds renewed and the functions of a renewed mind. In this edition, let us look at how we can renew our minds.
- Decide to have your mind renewed
- Live a life of sacrifice. Do not serve God only for a reward. Do it out of love for Him “Whereas the object and purpose of our instruction and charge is love, which springs from a pure heart and a good (clear) conscience and sincere (unfeigned) faith.” 1 Timothy 1:5 AMPC
- Study the Word (2 Timothy 2:14-16) and use it rightly.
- Live in complete holiness and let dedication, sanctification and consecration i.e separation be your watchwords.
- Be devoted in service and spiritual worship
- Hold fast to the faith, operating on a clear heart and having a good conscience “Holding fast to faith (that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence) and having a good (clear) conscience. By rejecting and thrusting from them [their conscience], some individuals have made shipwreck of their faith.”1 Timothy 1:19 AMPC
- -Pray until your mind is renewed.
Dangers of not having our minds renewed
- We answer to the enemy-We are vulnerable to the manipulations of the enemy.
- We live on a confused mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
- We live on reprobate minds “For this reason God gave them over and abandoned them to vile affections and degrading passions. For their women exchanged their natural function for an unnatural and abnormal one,” Romans 1:26 AMPC
- We have vile affection and degrading passions “And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome, Until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, and malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] secret backbiters and gossipers,” Romans 1:28-29 AMPC
- We live on stony hearts -hardened heart, stubborn hearts
“And I will give them one heart, and a new spirit I will put within them. I will remove the heart of stone from their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, Ezekiel 11:19; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 1 Timothy 4:2
– PASTOR GIFTY DAVID