“I APPEAL to you, therefore, brethren, and beg of you in view of [all] the mercies of God, to make a decisive dedication of your bodies [presenting all your members and faculties] as a living sacrifice, holy (devoted, consecrated) and well-pleasing to God, which is your reasonable (rational, intelligent) service and spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this world (this age), but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].” Romans 12: 1-2 (AMPC)
For out of the abundance of the heart, the mind speaks. Pure thoughts, wholesome, edifying and encouraging words can only come forth from a
renewed mind. We are a spirit, soul and body being but our minds (seat of intellect and decisions) have a huge control overall. For us to be a voice to be reckoned with, our minds must carry the power to make our voices strong. When we carry the mind of Christ, our voices cannot be pushed aside. Our voices will carry authority as the voice of Jesus did.
Functions of a renewed mind
• A renewed mind helps us to take or make de.nitive decisions
• A renewed mind helps us to make full proof of our calling or ministry (2 Tim 4:5)
• A renewed mind will help us in producing good fruits and accomplishing good works
• A renewed mind will make our services and walk with God be acceptable because we will be walking and working in perfection by the Spirit
• A renewed mind helps us to walk in the perfect will of the Father i.e. the legal standards of our
Heavenly Father can be known only when we have renewed minds. We get to know and understand the modus operandi of God, His wishes and
dispositions. His perception and mindset become clearer as we set our minds on Him.
(TO BE CONTINUED)
(PASTOR GIFTY DAVID)